Wednesday, March 27, 2013

New Park

Today we explored a new park. It's in our neighborhood and I pass it all the time, but have never been there, until today. The park is just off of Mill Plain and Divine and called St. Helens Park. It is a neat little park with a great walking path all around it. I took Henry here today around 4pm. He was really restless in the house and today was so beautiful I couldn't NOT go to a park. It was 69 degrees and beautiful!

After we did a few laps around the park for some exercise, I let Henry out of the stroller to go exploring. He had a great time. He climbed up the slide, and slid back down it, picked up handfuls upon handfuls of bark chips and put them inside any hole he could find on the play equipment, and he picked dandelions. I love that right now if he is walking somewhere that is uneven, or he has to go up/down steps he puts his hand up and goes "eehhh". And then grabs my finger. (Melt.my.heart!) I've been saying hand every time he does it to try and teach him another body part, also I want him to understand when we are in parking lots or the street he needs to hold my hand. I am slightly nervous for this summer with his independence and safety. Currently Henry can point to his head, belly, hand, toes and foot. :) And we are so very close to him saying ball...currently it comes out "ba".

2 comments:

allie. said...

is that park at the bottom of divine?

The Parsons said...

No. U see it from Mill Plain....by MLK school.