Saturday, May 10, 2008

Second Game

Well, I had my second soccer game. I was pretty excited about it. All the nervous bugs were gone from game number one. However, the first ball I touched, I pulled my quad muscle. Man it hurt. I stayed in for about 4 mins, then went out and stretched it. I finally decided, I was already hurt, so I might as well keep playing the best I could. It was pretty hard, I could run ok, but to kick the ball, was difficult, especially if I wanted any power in it. It was my left leg, which is my kicking leg. So, by the end of the game, I could barely walk. That night, I had to ice it. I took a bath and massaged it and ended up taking a muscle relaxer. The next day it was a little better. Each day it's gotten better, but I still can't full stretch it.

We ended up loosing the game. But it was still fun. I actually made a goal, but they didn't count it. The ball did a full rotation past the line, and then the goalie grabbed it. The ref wasn't paying attention, and didn't see it go in, so didn't count it. It really sucked! Mandy made a pretty sweat goal, and Allie did an awesome job playing goalie!

I'm going to miss our next game because it starts at 6:40pm and I don't get off work until 7:15. It's probably a good thing that I'll miss it because I am going to need the time to recover. I don't want to push it.

It's really sad because I am out of shape, and I can't seem to help it from getting injured. My body isn't use to strenuous activity. I will say that my breathing after the game was much better than the first game. I wasn't hacking. I'm going to have to stretch really good for the next game I play in. Hopefully that will help!

No comments: