Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No pain...so far!

Well, I decided to go off Birth Control to see if it would help with the gallstone attacks. I've been reading a lot online regarding high estrogen levels and how it can affect gallstones. When I was diagnosed with Gallstones, I asked my GP and my OB both if they thought birth control pills would cause/aggravate gallstones, both said no. However after doing more research, I think the high estrogen levels play a roll. Raj found some info out about the type of birth control I was taking. They said, if you take it continuously, which I was doing to help control Migraine headaches, that it can aggravate gallstones. So, I decided to stop the birth control. And after taking it for 10 years...it's been a little hard to get used to. I keep thinking I've forgotten to do something! Besides that, it's been fine. And I'm happy to report, for the first time in about 1 month and a half, I haven't had any pain! So, I'm crossing my fingers that it lasts!

No comments: