Thursday, April 4, 2013

Spring Break Day 3: Chuck E. Cheese and the Park

It's spring break...it just wouldn't be right if we didn't make a trip to Chuck E. Cheeses! We had some tokens left over from our last trip there, so I though, why not. Before we went there, we stopped into the learning palace to get a few workbooks to help Devin with writing. During nap time I have been working with him on reading and writing...I plan to do it during the summer as well. He was pretty reluctant the first day, but each day he is more willing. (Baby steps!) While we were there, we found some magnetic letters for Henry too. He loves the ones that Devin has on their fridge. We played at Chuck E. Cheese for a few hours then went home to give the Babies their nap.

During nap time, I was doing some yard work and Devin asked me if he could mow the lawn, I said sure! ;) And showed him how to do it. He was a big help!

Lately Allison has been grabbing Henry's binkie in the car...either that or Henry is giving it to her, and she plays with it. When I went to get them out of the car at the park today she had it in her mouth. Silly girl!

After nap time were off to Devin's baseball practice, but when we were the only ones who showed up, figured it had been canceled on account of spring break....so instead we played at the park there. We had so much fun! Even I was laughing! I haven't been on a swing for I don't know how long. I held each baby while I swung. Their laughs made me laugh. Henry also climbed up to the slide and slid down all by himself. Big boy! Devin filled the toy car all up with bark chips and Henry watched, after a while, Henry was throwing hand fulls in. He loves copying what Devin does. While the boys were playing, I was on the blanket with little Miss. We are working on crawling. She can get into an all four (hands and knees) position and can walk her hands backwards to sit up, but we have been working on moving her hands to the side to reach toys. We call it hand over hand. She moved her hands a few times. I was so proud of her! Before we know it she will be crawling....oh boy those two are going to keep me busy this summer!

1 comment:

Rox said...

Henry is so cute, he has such a beautiful skin tone. It seems like all of the sudden he's a big boy!