Friday, January 4, 2013

Big boy bath time!

I still have to blog about our first Christmas with Henry and Henry's 1st birthday, but I just took some pictures with my phone of bath time last night and couldn't wait to share them! Henry received some great gifts for his birthday! He truly is loved! My Mom/Dad and friend Julyla got Henry bath toys and he absolutely loves them!

I have known for a while that Henry was getting too big for the sink but was dreading switching to the bath tub because I thought it would be a hassle with bending over and dangerous cause there is so much more room for him to wander about in. Well, I was wrong. I simply moved one of our ottomans into the bathroom during bath time so I have a comfy place to sit and he has enough mobility and is strong enough to maneuver in the bath well, so its all good!

So the other night, I put him in the tub with all of his new bath toys. He LOVED it! He was practically trying to climb into the tub while the water was filling up the tub. Henry has always loved bath time. He typically screams when its time to get out and this time was no different. It was really fun to watch him explore the tub and play with all his toys. And I'm loving that it is tiring him out right before bed time! He is standing in the tub, which I don't like, and I keep telling him to sit down. I know he understands what I'm saying because when I tell him to sit or bath time is over, he sits down. Little stinker!

2 comments:

Rox said...

Oh he's cute! I can't believe you were able to bathe him the sink for his entire first year! A trick we use is draining the tub and getting the boys out once the water is gone, then they see the fun is over. Hopefully that will help!

The Parsons said...

We have a big kitchen sink!