Sunday, December 14, 2008

A snow day!

We had our first snow of the winter season today. Some places around town saw as much as 3 inches, however we only got a dusting at our house. None the less, it was beautiful to watch the snow fall; and because it wasn't too bad, I fortunately wasn't called into work!

IMG_2605

IMG_2613

Raj and I took some time in the morning to organize our gigantic wood pile. We sorted, and stacked, and collected any that was dry to make a fire with. We also took a small stack over to our neighbors for a Christmas gift.

IMG_2686

Raj got the pipes covered since it's suppose to be cold all week. I think the high tomorrow is 26 and the low 15!

IMG_2622

I started decorating for Christmas. I got the living room done, and the bathroom. Still have the kitchen and the tree to do.

IMG_2688

IMG_2694

Ollie was so fun to watch outside in the snow. He ran around like a spastic dog. He quickly realized he could eat the snow!He really enjoyed it, but was ready to come in after a bit and got right in bed and curled up in the covers!

IMG_2625

IMG_2658

IMG_2645

And, I got to try out my new snow boots and coat! I found the coat at Goodwill, and the shoes...wallyworld!

IMG_2617

IMG_2640

What a nice day!

IMG_2675

3 comments:

Thompson Tales said...

oh my gosh, its deena!!!! i swear, my britnee is a blog stalker and she found you!!! and then she added you to my list...how are you? i am going to read your whole blog now and catch up with your life. how is the family? you look awesome!! have a happy holiday and check out my blog and get caught up with the thompsons!!!

Mama Voss said...

What a fun day for the three of you! I love your gift of firewood... that is right up my alley!

Thompson Tales said...

deena....tell angela that i cannot get into her blog, i am very computer illiterate and it says that i am an uninvited guest...let me know....diana