Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pumpkin Painting

Today while we were at Safeway, we walked by some pumpkins and an idea popped into my piston...(okay I may be watching too much Thomas!)....We should paint some pumpkins today. So we bought three small pumpkins and raced home. I decided to put the small IKEA table in the kitchen and have one kid paint at a time to minimize the mess. Surprisingly everyone sat quietly till it was their turn.  Allie went first. I asked her to choose a color, she picked red. I helped her by holding her wrist and she painted her pumpkin. Dipping it in color then bringing it to the pumpkin. She kept smiling. She did really well! Devin was so surprised when I asked Allie to pick a color and she pointed to the red. He said, it's like she understands us. ;)

Next it was Henry's turn. I was so amazed at how he sat and waited while Allison painted. When it was his turn, he picked his color. First green (gee), then blue (boo) and finally red. He very carefully dipped his paintbrush in the paint and painted his pumpkin. This is a first for him. Usually when we do painting he makes a big mess using all his fingers and painting his face along with the table. He turned his pumpkin when he wanted more space and asked for more paint when he wanted to change colors. How and when did this little boy grow up??? Even Devin was amazed!

Finally it was Devin's turn. I removed the two babies from the table so he could paint in peace. He painted a nice face on his even giving it some hair.

Here are some pictures of the activity.

No comments: