Monday, May 25, 2009

Front Yard...It's done!

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to clean up our front yard. This included the patio...I originally wanted to take out the existing patio and replace it with slate, however a quick check of the checking account and that idea was out the window! So we decided on leaving the material and add to it. I think it turned out really well. You can definitely tell the "new" pavers from the "old" pavers, but in time I think they will start to age. Here are some pictures of the process:

What it looked like before...YUCK!



After the first round of "round-up" and some flowers added in pots:



Adding to the Patio:















We also trimmed up all the hedges and shrubs and put down barkdust. Here are some pictures of the yard after all our hard work!









3 comments:

Mama Voss said...

AWESOME! The new pavers will blend in soon. I like your pattern/design. I think you will get great use out of it. You guys are set... a great front and backyard :)

The Parsons said...

Well, the front yard is done..but the backyard still needs some TLC! That's the summer's project!

Melissa Bitton said...

Your yard looks great. Yard work can get spendy, so nice job on being creative. I love all of the flowers and plants!